Calculating stats from npmjs.org
If you ever thought about creating a mirror of npmjs.org, you probably asked yourself how much space you need for that or how much bandwidth a mirror consumes. And to answer that you need to get some statistics from npmjs.org.
Well, npmjs-stats is here to help you!
npm install -g npmjs-stats and run it with
Statistics as of now (00h49, November 22nd 2013):
- Disk space needed for DB: at least 148610695303 bytes.
- Total amount of packages currently in DB: 48213
- Average package size: 1641390 bytes.
- Total packages: 48025
- 68.27 % of packages are smaller than: 38625 bytes (position 32787)
- 95.45 % of packages are smaller than: 3035291 bytes (position 45840)
- 99.73 % of packages are smaller than: 102427701 bytes (position 47895)
- Number of packages bigger than 102427701 bytes: 130 out of 48025 (0.27 %)
- Number of packages smaller than 1 mb: 44395 (92.44 %)
- Number of packages smaller than 500 kb: 43007 (89.55 %)
- Number of packages smaller than 250 kb: 41253 (85.9 %)
- Number of packages smaller than 100 kb: 37992 (79.11 %)